Saturday, December 21, 2013

Holy Grail Hair Tool: Hercules Sagemann Magic Star Rake Comb


Hey, HHJs!  I'm not sure if people normally designate hair tools as a holy grail items, but I don't care.  My Hercules Sagemann magic star rake combs are now two of mine.  As I previously posted, I bought these lovely combs during my Black Friday buying frenzy.  I had an eye on them for awhile because I kept hearing great things about them, however, I was skeptical.  I have had many a wide tooth comb in my years, and all of them snagged my hair, even if just minimally, because some of my strands are fine.  I didn't see a point to buying an even more expensive comb that would probably do the same.    But, my product junkie addiction got the best of me when the rake comb set went on sale this year, and I'm glad I did.


The rumors are true, people!  These combs are amazing.  They literally glide through my hair.  I have yet to have a strand snag.  Based on the website, they are handmade from 100% vulcanized rubber.  This makes them sturdy, unlike some cheaper combs that I've had that bend while going through my hair.  Additionally, the magic star rake combs are free of seams and burrs, which are usually two culprits of hair snagging.  Also, the teeth are a nice width apart, which is great for going through my kinky-curly strands.

The only thing I did not like about these combs was the price.  I paid $29.95 plus shipping for the set, which is normally $33.  If I had to pick one of the two, I like the mini rake better because of its size.  It is easier to pack for travelling and it is easier to maneuver when combing my ends.  The mini rake is normally $16.95.  I prefer the jumbo rake for combing the length of my hair, however, simply because it is bigger.  It is normally $24.95.  Both the individual combs and the set are actually still on sale as of this post.

So tell me, HHJs.  Have you tried the magic star rake combs?  Do you like them?  If not, what do you use?

HAPPY COMBING!!!
, ,

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I love hearing from my readers!