Sunday, December 8, 2013

Avocado Oil


In case I have not mentioned it before, Avocado Oil is my favorite oil.  I personally think that it is underrated by the natural hair community, which frequently only talks about olive oil and coconut oil when discussing oils that penetrate the hair strand.  Avocado Oil is also easily absorbed into the hair strand and, to me, it feels like an amped up olive oil. It is high in monounsaturated fats, antioxidants like Vitamin E, and other nutrients.  While avocadoes themselves can be a source of protein, the oil is not usually a significant source of protein.  Due to its nutrients, Avocado Oil is great for deep conditioning, moisturizing, strengthening, smoothing, and creating shine.  It also has some sunscreen properties, but the SPF measured by labs varies from 4-15.

Have you tried Avocado Oil?  What do you think?

HAPPY OILING!!!
, , ,

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I love hearing from my readers!