Saturday, November 30, 2013

The Black Friday Aftermath: A Cautionary Tale


Hey, fellow HHJs!  I hope that you had a wonderful holiday!  I'm posting this as both a cautionary tale, and to prevent myself from doing anymore damage.  As you all know, I'm a PJ.  Black Friday is like Christmas for my hair, but not for my wallet.  Here is what I purchased this season:


Hotcombs - $33.86
($29.95 + $3.91 shipping)

- Magic Star Rake Comb set

Hot Heads - $29.95 (free shipping)
- Thermal Conditioning Cap

BonBons Cheveux Boutique - $55.75
($51 + $4.75 shipping)
- Satin drawstring bonnet
- Satin bonnet (this is a gift)

Hairveda - $55.48 (free shipping)
- Red Tea Nourishing Conditioner
- Moist Pro Conditioner
- Acai Berry Phyto
- Amla Cream Rinse
- Sitrinillah Deep Conditioner (2)

Jane Carter Solution - $23.80
(free shipping)
- Curl Defining Cream

Curlmart - $82.95
($77.95 + $5 shipping)
- Oyin Handmade Hair Dew
- Jessicurl Deep Conditioning Treatment
- My Honey Child Olive You Deep Conditioner
- As I Am Coconut CoWash Cleansing Conditioner
- Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Smoothing Lotion (2)

Pura Body Naturals - $40.05 ($30 + $10.05 shipping)
- Murumuru Moisture Milk (2)
- Sapote Hair Lotion (2)

She Scent It - $42.75 ($33.60 + $9.15 shipping)
- Blueberry Co-wash conditioner
- Banana Brulee Moisturizing Deep Conditioner
- Coco Cream Leave-in Conditioner
- Riche Moisture Masque

TOTAL - $364.59

While I don't regret any of my purchases, I went a little overboard.  These purchases take my product stash count up to 52 products and samples, though I am near the end of a number of products.   As a result, with the exception of a rollersetting product, I'm putting myself on a no-buy while I enjoy my stash.  Until I get down to 25 products or to Mother's Day (whichever is earlier), I will not be able to buy anything unless it is either the replenishment of a necessary staple (i.e., I need a cleanser and have none) or the product is on sale by at least 33% including shipping.  Anytime I get the urge, I'll look at this post.

On the upside, I won't need to buy any deep conditioners this year because I have 12 in my stash :)

What did you buy this year and what did it cost you?

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!
,

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I love hearing from my readers!