Saturday, July 18, 2015

Wash Day 07-18-2015 (Kinky Curly vs Uncle Funky's Daughter)



Hey, beautiful people.  Today was a little bit longer of a wash day because I needed to detangle.  I didn't get a chance to put deep conditioner in my hair before I fell asleep (long week), and I didn't have time during my wash day, so there was no deep conditioner this week.

I used Aubrey Organics White Camellia Shampoo to cleanse.  I still like this shampoo, but not as much as the Uncle Funky's Daughter one. With Aubrey, I can't use to much or it leaves my hair feeling a little too clean, if that makes sense.

Because I was traveling last week, my hair didn't get the detangling it needed, so I spent extra time detangling with Herbal Essence Long Term Relationship.  Then I used Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Smoothing Lotion as my leave-in, followed by my oil mix.

After my last gel experiment, I wanted to try out two of my favorites.  I used Kinky Curly gel on the right, and Uncle Funky's Daughter on the left.  They performed the same wet and dry, and they have the same ingredients based on the back of the bottle.

I noticed that my hair dried shorter and frizzier than last time, and I think it was the oil.  Next time, I'll try one of these gels on my wash n go without the oil.

Total wash to style time - 50 minutes


, , , , , , , ,

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I love hearing from my readers!