Saturday, July 11, 2015

Wash Day 07-11-2015: Kinky Curly and As I Am



Hey, beautiful people. For my wash day today, I did a deep condition overnight with Curl Junkie Deep Fix. I have liked this deep conditioner since right after my big chop. However, now I have more hair. I used up half a jar in one sitting.

Next, I co-washed and detangled with Herbal Essence Long Term Relationship, and used Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Smoothing Lotion as my leave-in.  Finally, I did a wash n go experiment. On one side, I used As I Am Curling Jelly. On the other side, I used Kinky Curly Curling Custard. The Kinky Curly was easier to apply, and kept my hair more elongated. The As  I Am side was noticeably shorter while wet and when it dried. Also, the As I Am side dried a little crazy and misshapen, so I had to pull on it to stretch it into shape. 

Total styling time was about 30 minutes.

Edited to Add:  I didn't have great second day with either product, but the Kinky Curky was a little better. Both sides frizzed out, but the Kinky Curky side kept at least some definition.  The Kinky Curly side also left my hands sticky when I rewet it.  I also don't like as much volume in my second day hair, and I got a ton.  My hair looked more like a ball.  Uncle Funkys Daughter may still be my favorite gel for wash n go.
, , , , , , ,

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I love hearing from my readers!