Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Product Review: Blended Beauty Curl Quenching Conditioner


Price:  $18.50 for 8 oz.

Ingredients:   Aqua (enriched with Aloe Vera), Behentrimonium Methosulfate (and) Cetearyl Alcohol, Witch Hazel Distillate, Capryl Isostearate, Glycerin, Rice Bran Oil, Polysorbate 20, Behenoyl PG-Trimonium Chloride, Behentrimonium Methosulfate (and) Cetyl Alcohol (and) Butylene Glycol, Vanilla planifolia, Preservative [Phenoxyethanol and Caprylyl Glycol and Sorbic Acid], Scent, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Hydrolyzed Corn Protein (and) Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein (and) Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Silk Powder.

Promise:  A detangling, luxurious conditioner with rice bran oil and rosemary.  Leaves every strand silky smooth.  No silicones!

Scent:  Snickerdoodle cookies with strong hint of cinnamon

Consistency:  Buttercream frosting or softened butter.  In the jar, it looks like it will be heavy, but it spreads fairly thin in a good way.

Results:   I have had this jar for awhile, and it looks like the ingredients may have changed some.  I don’t see rice bran oil listed anymore, and the new formula has propylene glycol.  Also, when I bought this, I thought it was a deep conditioner, but the instructions say to only leave it on for 2-3 minutes, so I think it is a regular rinse out.  I liked this conditioner, but more for styling than for conditioning.  It is great detangler, with good slip and moisturizing properties.  It reminded me a lot of Camille Rose's Almond Jai Twisting Butter and Bee Mine’s Bee-u-ti-ful Deep Conditioner.  These products have taught me that my hair likes “wet butters” for styling my hair in twists or braids.  However, while I like this, I’m not sure yet if I will repurchase it because of the price and the ingredient change.  I can get Camille Rose for slightly cheaper, and I like the ingredients better.

Love it, Like it or Leave It:  Like It
, , , , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I love hearing from my readers!