Monday, November 11, 2013

Liebster Award Nomination!!


I am doing the happy dance because I just found out that I was nominated for a Liebster Award by one of my favorite fellow PJs, Mia a/k/a EnExitStageLeft (http://powertothepj.blogspot.com).


The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers.  From what I've read, Liebster is German for sweetheart, darling, favorite, liked or loved above others, and beloved.  However, I like this award because it is less about being judged and more about spreading the love to newer blogs and bloggers.  (Thanks for the love, Mia!)   It also helps you to get to know the blogger and the blogs that they love.

11 Interesting Facts About Me
  1. I'm half Jamaican and half Cuban.  I've been to Jamaica, but I still have never been to Cuba.  I hope to go next year.
  2. Sushi and pizza are two of my favorite foods.  Whenever I have a stressful day, I love to curl up with pizza, beer and a movie.  It's great for my waistline.
  3. I did sleep research for 4 years with a Chilean rodent.
  4. I'm a science geek, but my day job does not usually involve science.  Now, it is my hobby.
  5. I'm a movie fanatic.  I love action movies (The Avengers was awesome) and comedies (Elf was hilarious the first 4 times I saw it).  Most romantic comedies are a little over the top for me, but every once in awhile I fixate on a great one (While You Were Sleeping was my favorite for about 5 years).
  6. If you couldn't tell from #4, I can repeatedly watch a movie like it was the first time each time.
  7. I lived in Italy for two months, and Florence is still one of of my favorite European cities.
  8. South Korea is currently my favorite part of Asia, but I've only been to Japan and Korea.
  9. I had a goal of travelling to at least one new country per a year.  I took a 2 year hiatus, but I hope to get back to it next year.
  10. I'm obsessive.  I like things to be in their proper place.  I even went so far as to label all of my kitchen cabinets when my husband moved in so that he would put the dishes and appliances away in the right cabinets.  He kind of ignores my labels.
  11. I love turtles.  I fell in love with them when I lived in Italy.  I have a turtle pendant and several ceramic and wood turtles around my house.

My Responses To Mia's Questions

  • Why did you start blogging?   I wanted to learn more about my hair, and I learn best from writing and researching.
  • What inspired your hair journey?  My obsessive need to better myself.  I moved away from Michigan for 3 years, and my hair was suffering because of it; so I started to do research on how to make it better.
  • How long do you keep post in draft before you post them?  It ranges from immediately to a week.  Sometimes I'll do a couple posts together and spread them out.  Sometimes I get an idea and post it immediately.
  • How do you feel about viewers asking for product recommendations?  I'm willing to share what I know with whoever asks, but it's also important to remember that not everything works for everyone.
  • How does your family/loved one feel about your blog? My hubby and my sister love it.  I don't think my parents know about it.
  • What is the best hair advice you could give someone?  Water is the best moisturizer.  Oil and butters do not moisturize.
  • If you could get free products from a company for a year, what company would you choose and why?  Curl Junkie
  • Which is better; cake or cookies?  Brownies :)  If I have to stick to the question, chocolate cake.
  • What inspires your post?  Any number of things.  The top two things are usually the ingredients list on a product or whatever my hair is going through at that moment.
  • How do you feel when products do not live up to the hype another person loves?  A little disappointed, but it give me a reason to try something new.
My Nominations


The Rules
  • Link back to the blogger who presented the award to you
  • Paste the award on your blog
  • Choose 5 blogs to pass this award to (they must have fewer than 200 followers)
  • Let the recipients know about their nomination
  • Write 11 interesting facts about you
  • Answer my 11 questions


My Questions

  1. Why did you start blogging?
  2. What inspired your hair journey?
  3. Do you have a name for your hair?
  4. What was or has been the most difficult part of your hair journey?
  5. How does your family/loved one feel about your blog?
  6. What is the best hair advice you could give someone?
  7. If you could get free products from a company for a year, what company would you choose and why?
  8. If you could nominate any 3 bloggers for a Liebster, regardless of how many followers they had, who would you nominate?
  9. Where do you find your blogging inspiration?
  10. How do you feel when products do not live up to the hype another person loves?
  11. What is the one thing you want your followers to know about you?

2 comments :

  1. I'm so jealous of your travels. I've only been the a couple Caribbean islands, hawaii and mexico lol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. I love hearing from my readers!