Sunday, September 3, 2017

2017-09-03 Wash Day: Mane Choice Crystal Orchid Biotin Infused Styling Gel


Hey, beautiful people!  I have been on the move, traveling for work and for fun.   So I have not had a chance to post in awhile.  I'm taking advantage of the long weekend, however, to post another wash
day.

Yesterday, I did a deep condition overnight with Shea Moisture Superfruit Complex 10-in-1 Renewal System Hair Masque.  This was the second time I used this mask, and I'm not a huge fan.  It is not a bad deep conditioner.  I just have deep conditioners that I love better.

In the morning, I washed my hair with Camille Rose's Sweet Ginger Cleansing Rinse, then detangled with Garnier Fructis Whole Blends Honey Treasures Repairing Conditioner.  This conditioner was just ok, and comes nowhere close to performing like my favorite conditioner (Herbal Essence Long Term Relationship Conditioner).  It was too thick, and did not help much with detangling.  It is also possible that it made my scalp itchy temporarily.

When I got out the shower, I used As I Am Naturally's Leave-in Conditioner, which I still love for its slip and ability to absorb into my hair.  Then, I did a wash n' go with the Mane Choice Crystal Orchid Biotin Infused Styling Gel.  This gel's performance reminds me a lot of Wetline Extreme Gel in terms of the hold and definition on the first day, but that is where the similarities end.  It has more slip; however, the next day, I got a ton of white flakes.  I heard from other reviews that this gel flakes, so I wasn't that surprised to see it.  I just assumed that using a lighter leave-in, like As I Am, would minimize the chance of that happening.  I was wrong.

After my hair dried for a day, I cut my hair from shoulder length to what I thought was chin length.  I was wrong about this too.  My hair continued to dry throughout the second day, and is now ear length curly.  When stretched, this takes me from waist length in the back to about bra strap length.  I cut my hair because it was starting to get too heavy, was growing uneven and was harder to take care of.  Plus, the shorter length frames my face better, and I still have enough hair to throw it into a ponytail.

, , , , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I love hearing from my readers!