Thursday, September 7, 2017

2017-09-05 Wash Day: As I Am Wash N Go


Hey, beautiful people!  I was not loving my Mane Choice wash n go because of the flakes it gave me, so I decided to wash my hair and try again.  This time, I did a deep condition overnight with Mielle Organics Babassu Oil & Mint Deep Conditioner.  I like this deep conditioner because it leaves my hair nice and strong, while still somewhat moisturized.  

Next, I used the Garnier Fructis Whole Blends Repairing Conditioner Honey Treasures.  I had a better experience with this than the first time I used it, but it is still not a favorite.  It still had no slip.  I also notice that I'm using about a third of a bottle each time I wash my hair.

To style my hair, I first used the As I Am Leave-in Conditioner.  I really like this leave-in and plan to repurchase it.  Finally, I ended up using two gels for my wash n' go.  First, I applied the As I Am Curling Jelly, which has incredible slip and clumps my curls.  I have used this in the past with ok results.  However, this time, I thought it was going to be too light for the defined look I was going for because it is almost like a liquid gel.  It is even thinner than my "snot" like gels (Camille Rose Curl
Maker and Uncle Funky's Daughter).

Because I knew the Curling Jelly was going to be too light, I layered on the As I Am Coil Defining Jelly.    This is much thicker, like strawberry jam and is similar in texture to Wetline Extreme Gel or
Eco Styler gel, but without the same hold.

When my hair dried the next day, it was soft, moisturized and fluffy.  Also, there were no flakes, which was nice.  However, I also had a lot of frizz, without much definition.  I essentially skipped right over first and second day hair to third/fourth day.  I also had to pull on my hair quite a bit to shape it because it kept shrinking up.


I don't think I would purchase the As I Am Coil Defining Jelly again, but I might pair the Curling Jelly with another gel to see how that goes.


, , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I love hearing from my readers!