Saturday, July 15, 2017

Wash Day 07-12-2017 - Mielle Organics and Wetline Extreme Gel


Hello Beautiful People,

This post is a little overdue because I washed my hair during the week, but I did not have time to style it.  I have been in a wash n' go mood lately, so I decided to do one this week.

I started first with the Camille Rose Sweet Ginger Cleansing Rinse shampoo, which is a favorite of mine right now.  Next, I used the Shea Moisture Low Porosity Conditioner, which I bought before Shea Moisture-gate.  This conditioner works ok, but it doesn't have the most slip.  

After getting out of the shower, I used my Mielle Organics Avocado Hair Milk, which is becoming a fast favorite and reminds me a lot of Oyin Hair Dew.  Then I used the rake and smooth method with Wetline Extreme Gel to style my wash n' go.  For those who are new or not familiar with the rake and smooth method, I first sectioned my hair into about 8 sections, raking gel first through with extra emphasis on my roots and ends, and then smoothing the gel covered section by holding the section into my hand like a sandwich and pulling my hand down the section.  When I was done, I used hairpins to pin the top and front edges of my hair, which are a different texture from the majority of my hair.  When I was done, I put my hair in a microfiber hair towel for 30 minutes to speed up the drying process.

This was the most defined wash n' go that I have had in awhile!  My curls were clumped and easily seen.  It also lasted for four days, which is the longest I have had a wash n' go.  It likely would have lasted longer, but I wanted a different style today.

The only downside is that it took two days for my hair to dry.

Total styling time = 40 minutes


, , , , , , , ,

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I love hearing from my readers!