Monday, May 30, 2016

Wash Day 05-29-2016 (Mop Top Citrus Kumquat Curly Hair Custard Wash N Go)


Hey, beautiful people!  Given the long weekend and the fact that summer has finally come to Michigan, I decided to do a wash n’ go with a product that has been sitting in my product stash for most of the winter – Mop Top’s Curly Hair Custard.


I forgot to do an overnight deep conditioner, and I didn’t have time to hop in and out of the shower; so, there was no deep conditioner this week.  First, I washed my hair with Carol’s Daughter Black Vanilla Shampoo.  This shampoo continues to be a favorite of mine.  It cleans my hair without stripping it, as long as I don’t use too much.


Next, I conditioned and detangled my hair with Herbal Essence Long Term Relationship Conditioner.  It is not often that I call something a holy grail product, but this one is one.


Finally, I used Curl Junkie Smoothing Lotion as my leave-in (another holy grail product), and put the Mop Top Curly Hair Custard on top.  The Mop Top went in easily.  It has a lot of slip and a little goes a long way.  In that regard, it reminds me of Kinky Curly’s Curling Custard.  It doesn’t leave my hands with the same sticky feeling as the Kinky Curl; however, maybe it should.  Apparently, Mop Top has little hold, which is not good given that at least 4 of the top 5 ingredients are humectants (aloe vera, glycerin, honey and pectin).  When my hair dried, it frizzed, shrunk significantly and uneven, and took flight.  In short, I looked a hot mess.  To make matters worse, this stuff flakes horribly.  I was wearing a black shirt, and it looked it snowed on my shoulders.  The next day, my hair looked even worse. 

I do not plan to use this product again.



, , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I love hearing from my readers!