Saturday, May 9, 2015

Wash Day 05-09-2015 (Koils by Nature Wash & Go)


Hey, beautiful people!  It is important to keep a hair journal so that you can figure out what works for your hair and what doesn't.  My hair journal that I've had for years is finally on it's last pages, so I'm taking it electronic.

This weekend, I had limited time for my wash day because I was home alone with the baby.  I have had Koils by Nature products in my stash for awhile, so today seemed like the best time to try.

In typical wash day fashion, I applied my deep conditioner the night before, separating my hair into 4 sections.  I used the Koils by Nature Ultra Moisturizing Deep Conditioner (review coming soon).  I left it in while I took my shower, then I rinsed it out while finger detangling.

I didn't towel or T-shirt dry my hair today.  Instead, I applied the Koils by Nature Cocoa-Aloe Leave-in Conditioner (review coming soon) to my hair, while doing additional finger detangling.  Then, I applied the Koils by Nature Herbal Curl Defining Gel in Peppermint for a wash n' go.  I'm not expecting much out of this wash n' go because the gel doesn't seem like it has enough hold, though it has great slip.

I started the wash process at 11:15 a.m., and I was done applying the gel by 11:38 (total wash time 23 minutes).  Over an hour later, my hair was still dripping.  Twelve hours later, it was mainly dry. I had a little flaking, but not a ton.  The bigger issue was that it frizzed horribly, and shrunk alot.

The top is wet hair. The bottom is dry. 

, , , , , , ,

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I love hearing from my readers!