Monday, November 24, 2014

Updates 11-24-2014: New Baby And New Styles



Hey beautiful people!  If you don't follow me on Instagram, you may not know that my baby is here!  The newest naturalista to the family.

Life has been kind of a whirlwind since she got here.  Each day, I look up at around 3 p.m. and wonder where the day went.   Needless to say, I haven't had much time for my hair.  In a previous post, I mentioned that I was going to try to do spring twists.  I bought Nafy Collection Nubian Twist hair for the style, but it was an epic fail.  The hair was too silky and kept sliding while I twisted.  Plus, the twists that I did get in did not have much "spring" to them.  They just sort of hung.  I tried twisting in both directions and got the same result.  About 3 twists in, I gave up.  Thankfully, my sister was here and she helped me put in two strand twists without synthetic hair.  

This style was a lifesaver!  I was able to put my hair up and not worry about it.  I just spritzed it with my oil/water mix and sealed with Oyin Hair Dew to keep it moisturized.  The style lasted about 3 weeks.  Now that the twists are out, I am back to bunning and, occasionally, my tried and true two crown braids.

(The top pics are the twists right before I took them out, 
the bottom is after I removed them.  Shrinkage is a trip.)

, , , ,

1 comment :

Thank you for your comment. I love hearing from my readers!