Saturday, January 11, 2014

Product Review: Darcy's Botanicals Deep Conditioning Mask (The Deep Conditioner Files #1)


Hey, HHJs.  One of my personal goals for 2014 is to have three, great go-to moisturizing deep conditioners.  I'm getting an early start because of my Black Friday purchases.  I currently have 11 moisturizing deep conditioners, so I am going to go through them 1-by-1 in my hunt.  First up is Darcy's Botanicals Deep Conditioning Mask.


Price:  $20

Ingredients:  Distilled Water, Lavender Water, Vegetable Glycerin, Behentrimonium Methosulfate (and) Cetearyl Alcohol, Organic Virgin Coconut Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Organic Shea Butter, Cocoa Seed Butter, Marula Seed Oil, Panthenol, Yarrow, Sage, Horsetail, Nettle & Lavender Extracts, Bentonite Clay, Hydrolyzed Oats, Guar Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Ylang Ylang, Lemon Peel Oil, Litsea Cubeba Essential Oil, and Organic Sea Kelp


Promise:  "Our Deep Conditioning Mask will nourish, protect, strengthen, moisturize, detangle, soften and promote healthy hair growth!  Can be used weekly or monthly to keep your natural coils looking radiant and beautiful."


Consistency:  It is thick and reminds me of Bee Mine's Bee-u-ti-ful deep conditioner

Results:  I first tried to use this alone on two occasions, and I think it was just too thick for my hair.   My hair just did not feel moisturized at all.  Then, I decided to tap into my inner mixologist.  I mixed it with honey, avocado oil, and grapeseed oil to thin it out and boost the moisturizing benefits.  This worked great.  My hair felt moisturized and wonderful.  However, I personally feel that I should not have to do that much mixing for a product that costs $20.

Love it, Like it or Leave It:  Leave it.  It has great ingredients, but I don't think I will be buying any more Darcy's Botanicals products because they seem to be a little too heavy for my low porosity, fine strands.  I also missed the fact that this has hydrolyzed oat protein when I bought it, which is one of the proteins I try to avoid.
, , ,

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I love hearing from my readers!