Sunday, December 24, 2017

2017-12-24 Wash Day: As I Am Curling Jelly & New Wash N' Go Technique



Hello Beautiful People!  I'm so excited!  I got a good wash n' go by doing something I didn't think would work, while trying to use up products.  



I started with deep conditioning with Mielle Organics Babassu Oil and Mint Deep Conditioner.  This deep conditioner has been a life saver and has reached holy grail status because I lose less hair on wash day, and my hair is noticeably thicker and stronger.  



My hair didn't really need a wash, so I just rinsed out the deep conditioner while detangling my hair.  Next, because I wash my hair in four sections, that is how I applied my products.  I used Oyin Hair Dew as my leave-in, followed by Camille Rose Cocoa Nibs and Honey Ultimate Growth Serum, then DevaCurl Supercream.  To style, I raked gobs of As I Am Curling Jelly through a section, then very loosely twisted and put a white curling rod on it.  Then I moved on to the next section.  My hair is low porosity and takes literally days to dry, so I wasn't worried about this turning into a twistout.  The only reason I twisted is because the As I Am Curling Jelly gives me no hold, and I watched this woman on YouTube twist her hair temporarily to get length and clumping.



After about an hour in the twists, I took them out to let my curls dry.   My hair is the most defined it has been in awhile!!  (I've been struggling with lots of frizz.)  This is particularly impressive given the gel I used.  I still have super shrinkage because As I Am Curling Jelly has no weight, but I'm ok with that.  Shrinkage makes it look like my low-medium density hair has more volume.






, , , , , ,

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I love hearing from my readers!