Sunday, July 10, 2016

Product Review: Obia Haircare Twist Whip Butter (The Braiding Files #7)


Hey, beautiful people.  This post is really overdue because I tried this butter in the winter, but I forgot to post a review until now.

Price:  $18 for 8 oz

Ingredients:  Purified Water Extracts: Aloe Vera Oil and Lavender Oil and Lemongrass Oil; Unrefined Shea Butter, Palm Oil, Vegetable Glycerin, Castor Seed Oil, Behentrimonium Methosulfate and Cetearyl Alcohol, Mango Butter, Cetyl Alcohol, Behenyl Alcohol, Tucuma Seed Butter, Soybean Oil, Vitamin E, Gluconolactone and Sodium Benzoate, Fragrance.

Promise:  From the website - A triple treat of unrefined Shea Butter, Tucuma Butter and Mango Butter to intensely moisturize, seal, add shine and protect your hair.  Twist Whip Butter is also packed with the essential oils of Lemongrass and Lavender to strengthen and promote hair growth. Ideal for creating beautiful braids, twists and locks.

Scent: Perfumed soap / light floral

Consistency:  Light Butter

Results:   The consistency of this product is just a little heavier than Camille Rose’s Almond Jai Twisting Butter.  Though this is a lighter butter, it was still too much for my hair and it sat on top of my hair.  However, my daughter’s hair (which is a higher porosity) likes it.  I typically use it as a sealant after putting a lot of water and a liquid moisturizer or leave-in on her hair.  It leaves her hair feeling soft, and keeps her hair moisturized for a couple days.  Even though it works for my daughter’s hair, I wouldn’t repurchase it because we have products that work better for us both.

Love it, Like it or Leave It:  Leave It



, , , , , , , , ,

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I love hearing from my readers!