Sunday, June 26, 2016

06-26-2016 Wash Day - Eco Styler Krystal Gel Wash 'N Go


Hey, beautiful people!  I am in the process of wrapping up the last of my reviews from my braiding challenge, and then I will post the recap.

Summer is back, and so are my wash 'n gos.  Today, because it was going to be over 90 degrees, I decided it would be a good day to re-try doing an Eco Styler wash n' go.

First, I accidentally deep conditioned my hair for two days using the Silk Dreams Mocha Silk Infusion (I'll do a review later).  Then, I washed my hair with Carol’s Daughter Black Vanilla Shampoo, and conditioned/detangled with Herbal Essence Long Term Relationship Conditioner.  When I got out the shower, I decided to do something different from my normal practice because of how thick Eco Styler is.

When I got out the shower, I left my hair dripping wet.  I did not towel dry at all.  Next, I applied my Oyin Hair Dew and Eco Styler Krystal Gel in 4 sections on the left side, and 6 sections on the right side.  However, instead of raking the gel through my hair like last time, I decided to shingle because of the thickness of Eco Styler.  I also used literally gobs of gel to the point that I thought it would all still be stuck together when it dried.  Afterward, I sat outside in 91 degree weather to jump start the drying process, and lightly shook my head periodically to loosen the curls.

My wash n' go was wonderful! I had great definition, shine and hang time, though I had less volume.  This is a great wash n' go for when I want a more "tamed" style.  It also dawned on me today that I have reached my curly length hair goal (shoulder-length curly), though I have decided to keep growing my hair for now.

Total wash & style time - 41 mins (24 mins spent on shingling).

I don't post videos on YouTube, so here is a video of someone else doing the shingling method, though I applied about double the gel.

Post Edited 7/3/16My hair was still wet on Tuesday (3 days later). Also, because I used so much gel, I got goop under my fingernails when I touched my scalp, and I also got white residue on my edges. It finally fully dried Wednesday (day 4), but it was time to put it up.  Thus, I do not think Eco Styler gel is right for me as a wash n go gel.

, , , , , , , , , ,

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I love hearing from my readers!