Sunday, April 17, 2016

Product Review: Embrace The Natural You Twist Truffle Whip (The Braiding Files #5)



Price:  $13 for 8 oz

Ingredients:  Water, Aloe Vera Leaf Juice, Behentrimonium Methosulfate (and) Cetearyl Alcohol, Unrefined Shea Butter, Mango Butter, Sweet Almond Oil, Avocado Oil, Vegetable Emulsifying Wax, Extra Virgin Organic Coconut Oil, Jamaican Black Castor Oil, Vitamin E, Fragrance and Essential Oils.  **NOTE:  According to the website, as of 2/2/16, this product no longer has shea butter, Jamaican black castor oil, or vegetable emulsifying wax.  So it may be even more low porosity friendly!

Scent: Light island breeze, like papaya and mango

Consistency:  Whipped cream cheese

Results:  I bought this product last September at a market near my job.  As a nice bonus, this is a Michigan-based company, so I can pick it up on the ground.  When I purchased it, I met the owner, who uses her product on her own hair (bonus #2).  

While I have been using this product for a while now, it has taken me this long to review it because I was not certain what to say.  It leaves my hair soft and gave it nice sheen about 8 times out of 10.  The rest of the time, my hair was really dry, and felt coated, and I wanted to figure out why because I really like this product.  I have realized two things.  First, I need to use water or a very moisturizing leave-in under this product for it to work well on my hair.  If I don’t put enough moisture into my hair under this product, it leaves my hair dry.  While this product comes with its own moisture built in, my greedy hair needs more.  As I mentioned in my post on coconuts, I need a lot of water for coconut to work in my hair. 

Second, if I use a heavier/coating leave-in under this product, the residue from the this product will combine with the residue from the leave-in, and my hair feels coated.  As I note above, the ingredients have changed, and the more heavy/coating ingredients have been removed, so it may now be perfect for me.  I plan to try the new formulation soon.  Maybe the new formulation will be a “love it”.As an aside, this product reminds me a lot of Annabelle's Perfect Blend Hair Creme in both texture and the way it works on my hair, except APB does not have coconut oil.  Thus, if you already like that product, you may want to try this, and vice versa. 

Love it, Like it or Leave It:  Like It


, , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I love hearing from my readers!