Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Wash Day 08-03-2015 (Gorilla Snot Gel)


Hey, beautiful people!  I'm posting from sunny, hot Florida today.  I went swimming early this morning with my sister; so, of course, I had to wash my hair.  Mental note to self, if I pack a swimming suit, I need to pack my Aubrey Organics Swimmer’s Shampoo.  Because I did not, I had to use hotel shampoo and conditioner. Bad idea. The shampoo dried my hair out something fierce. Then, the conditioner laughed at my hair when I tried to use it to replenish moisture and detangle. Thankfully, I at least had the good sense to bring my Oyin hair dew. I used up every last drop of what I brought. Then, on top of it, I used the Gorilla Snot Gel punk (maximum strength). 
 
I saw the gel in the grocery store while picking up things for one of my grandmothers, and I grabbed it because I heard good things.  It went on easy, but I cant really call it slippery.  It feels like glue going on, but it did a good job with my curls.  They are popping similar to Uncle Funky's Daughter Curly Magic or Kinky Curly Curling Custard.  Aside from the glue feeling, I don't like how hard my hair feels.  We will see how second day hair feels.

Total styling time ~45 minutes.  My hair also dried in about 4 hours, which NEVER happens, but I think I can thank the Orlando heat for that.

, , , ,

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I love hearing from my readers!