Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Product Review: Obia Curl Moisture Cream (The Braiding Files #1)



Price:  $18 for 8 oz


Ingredients:  Purified Water, Behentrimonium Methosulfate and Cetearyl Alcohol, Grapeseed Oil, Vegetable Glycerin, Olive Oil, Argan oil, Gluconolactone and Sodium Benzoate, Burdock Root, Lavender Oil, Coconut Oil, Soybean Oil, Vitamin E, Aloe Vera Oil, Fragrance.

Promise:  From the website - This specially formulated leave-in conditioner is full of luxurious oils that will seal in moisture and condition your hair. The star ingredient is antioxidant rich Argan Oil that is known for providing intense moisture.  Plus it is packed with Grape seed Oil, Olive Oil, Burdock Root and Vitamin E that will strengthen, add shine, smooth and promote hair growth.  pH balanced Curl Moisture Cream seals in moisture and minimizes frizz by smoothing and closing the cuticle.

Scent: Not sure

Consistency:  Thin Cream

Results:   I’ve used an entire jar of this stuff and I was pretty consistent in the products that I paired this with, but I still got differing results.  For example, most of the time, I did not get any sheen from this product, and it left my hair looking dull.  However, a couple times, I did get sheen.  Also, most of the time, it left my hair very moisturized, but there were a few times that it made my hair hard.  I did notice that sometimes, when my hair got hard, it was because I tried to use this product as a moisturizer in between washes, so it was building up on my strands.  It is rich in some really great oils, but my hair cannot take a lot of oil, especially not coconut oil.  This is also the reason it took 8+ hours for this product to absorb into my hair.  For all these reasons, I can’t call this my holy grail of braiding/twisting creams.  I need a product that I can count on, and I would like a little more sheen in the process

Love it, Like it or Leave It:  Like It
, , , , , , , , , ,

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I love hearing from my readers!