Saturday, June 7, 2014

Product Review: Jessicurl Deep Conditioning Treatment (The Deep Conditioner Files #5)


Price:  $16.95 for 8 oz.


Ingredients:  Water infused with Horsetail, Peppermint, Rosemary, Bay Leaf, Basil, Burdock Root, Marshmallow Root, Oregano, Lemongrass, Thyme, Sage and Nettle; Behentrimonium Methosulfate and Cetearyl Alcohol; Aloe Leaf Juice; Shea Butter; Avocado Oil; Cocoa Seed Butter; Soy Lecithin; Fragrance (possibly Orange Oil, Lavender Oil and Grapefruit Oil); Diazolidinyl Urea and Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate

Promise:  From the bottle - Intense pampering for dry hair.  From the website - It’s thick, it’s rich, it’s moisturizing, it doesn’t build up – it really is the ideal formula for restoring moisture to dry curly hair. It also works great as a shaving cream – that even includes bald men!

Scent:  I bought the Island Fantasy scent.  The scent is so light, I can’t really tell.  Maybe light orange and peppermint.

Consistency:  Like whipped shea butter

Results:  This is thick, and it really should be in a jar.  I had to work so hard to get this out of the bottle that my hand turned red from hitting the bottle against it.  That's why I didn't bother trying to get more out to take a picture of the consistency.  Despite the thickness, it still goes on smooth.  Unfortunately, it didn’t work for me.  I tried this under a heat cap for about 25 minutes, and it made my hair hard.  As a disclaimer, the bottle says to leave it on for 30-60 minutes; but, I forgot to check the bottle before I went under the heat cap.  The Curlmart website and another website I checked while under the heat cap said 20 minutes.  The next time I tried this, I did an overnight treatment.  My hair wasn’t hard, so the extra time helped, but this is still not one of my favorites.  I think that the concentration of butters is just too much for my low porosity hair.  This worked better in the front of my hair, which is a slightly higher porosity I think.  Between the effort it took to get this out of the bottle, the amount of time this product needs to work for my hair and the price for the result, I just can’t get with it.


Love it, Like it or Leave It:  Leave It.  This would probably be great for someone with high porosity.
, , , ,

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I love hearing from my readers!